Saturday, February 11, 2012

Breakfast Tacos & New Product Finds


I found two new great product with low Weight Watchers Points Plus values. The first being LaTotilla Factory Smart & Delicious 8" Tortilla shells.


They are one points plus each and they really do taste delicious!


I bought these thinking that I would make some breakfast tacos out of them. While laying in bed this morning (I love Saturady mornings) I thought about what ingredients that I wanted to add. I ended up running to the store and picking up a can of diced green chiles and I found a new turkey sausage product that I have never used before.


They are 1 points plus for 2 links and 2 points plus for 4 links.


They are a little smaller then normal sausage links but more overall for the points. They tasted great, at least in the tacos I made.


If you have some extra points to spare, adding some black beans would be great too!

Green Chili & Sausage Breakfast Tacos
Created by Me

Ingredients
  • 1/8 cup diced red onion
  • Cooking spray
  • 3 Tablespoons diced Green Chiles  
  • 1/2 cup egg beaters
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 turkey sausage links, heated and cut into tiny pieces (I used Jones Turkey Sausage)
  • 1/8 cup reduced fat Mexican blend cheese
  • 2 8" tortilla shells (I used LaTotilla Factory, whole wheat)
  • Chunky salsa to taste
 Directions
  • Spray small pan with cooking spray and heat red onion over medium heat. Cook until tender.
  • Add green chiles and egg beaters to pan. Scramble egg mixture while cooking.
  • While eggs are cooking, heat and cut the sausage.
  • After eggs are done, stir in sausage and add salt and pepper to taste.
  • Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
  • Warm tortillas, than assemble half the egg mixture in each shell. Add salsa and roll up.
 Servings = 1

Weight Watchers Points Plus = 5

No comments:

Post a Comment